RAMAKRISHNA MATH, ANTPUR
VILL. & P.O. ANTPUR, DIST. HOOGHLY, PIN. 712424.
SHORT REPORT OF ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2015 – 2016
Ramakrishna Math, Antpur is situated in the village Antpur under the district of Hooghly in West Bengal. This is the holy birth place of Swami Premananda Maharaj, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishnadeva and was been sanctified by the holy presence of Sri Ramakrishnadeva, Holy Mother Sarada Devi and Swamiji along with other brother disciples.
In commemoration of 24th December 1886 when Swami Vivekananda and other eight direct disciples of Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna Deb took vow for “Atmano Mokhartham and Jagdhitya cha” with Remiciation and Service, we observed this event in 2015-16 with three day long festival. Thousands of people participated in this celebration. Noon Prasad was distributed to 20,000 devotees during the festival.
|During the year this centre conducted|
|(I) Daily Puja|
|(II) Regular Religious Classes|
|(III) Observation of Birth Celebrations of Sri Ramakrishna Deva, Holy Mother, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Premananda|
|(IV) Tithipuja of other Direct Disciples of Sri Ramakrishnadeva|
|(V) Celebration of Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja|
|(VI) Arrangement for initiation for local devotees|
|(VII) Devotee’s get together|
|(VIII) Annual celebration in memory of TYAGAVRATA|
|(IX) Observation of Youth Day and other programmes in connection with Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda|
The branch also undertook the following welfare activities :
M E D I C A L
- Allopathy Dispensary: During the year 4,436 number of patients among them new- 3179 and old- 1,257 were treated. (Male- 1,446, Female- 2,512 and Child- 478).
- Homeopathy Dispensary: During the year 4,714 number of patients among them new- 931 and old- 3,783 were treated. (Male- 1,484, Female- 2,706 and Child- 524)..
- Mobile Dispensary: 3,940 patients were treated by the Mobile Dispensary and they were served with Allopathy Medicines at free of cost.
- Cataract Surgery : With the help of Bonakrishnapur Eye Hospital, Jangalpara, Hooghly 57 patients were operated during 2015-16.
- Distribution of Spectacles : During the year 55 of spectacles were freely distributed at free of cost.
- Blood Donation Camp : A blood donation camp was organized by Ramakrishna Mission, Sevapratishthan, Kolkata during the year and 37 donors donated their blood.
- Weekly Dental Camp : 1,452 patients were treated during the year 2015-16.
- Orthopedic Department : 311 patients were treated during the year 2015-16.
- Eye Department : 1,875 patients were treated during the year 2015-16.
- Medical Relief : During the year Bourn Vita, Blanket, Biscuits, Soap and medicine were distributed among 400 poor families.
- Mother and Child Care Service : Under this service 741 patients were treated during the year 2015-16 and a special camp was organized on 24 February, 2016 and 65 packets containing Johnson Baby Kits and food packets were distributed among 65 mothers.
E D U C A T I O N :
- Coaching Centre: The special coaching programme in order to upgrade the merit of the local boys and girls through our coaching centre was conducted regularly. During the year under review the following students participated.
(i) Sishunikatan – 90 boys,(Class I-IV)
(ii) Nivedita Sangha – 92 girls, (Class I-V)
(iii) Higher Section – 128 boys (Class V-X)
- Book Bank : A Book Bank was also maintained to provide books to the needy students from Class V to Degree courses. During the year we distributed books among 594 students adding the cost of Rs.38,693.00 only for new books.
- Scholarship or Aids : During the year a sum of Rs.45,360.00 was spent in terms of scholarship or aids to 133 poor students for continuing their studies.
- Library : A Library with 612 books of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Vedanta literature was maintained.
W E L F A R E :
This center undertook the following schemes to alleviate the poverty of the local people.
- Cloth & Blanket Distribution: During the year 2015-16, 1,500 pcs. cloth and 1,421 pcs. blankets were distributed among the poor people.
- Pecuniary Help: During the year monetary help was given to 14 poor people and Rs.9,678.00 was spent for this purpose.
- Self Employment Scheme : Under Self Employment Scheme following instruments worth of Rs.7,41,200.00 were distributed among the poor and working people.
(i) Sewing Machines – 96 pcs.
(ii) Van Rickshows – 16 pcs.
(iii) Dhadda – 106 pcs.
- Self Reliant Scheme :Sewing Machine – 15 pcs. were distributed and Rs.64,500.00 was spent for the purpose.
- Drinking Water Supply Service : Ramakrishna Math, Antpur has been rendering this live saving service by way of providing drinking water daily from the Math reservoir to the village people. More than 6,000 liters drinking water per day was provided for 365 days during the year 2015-16. Drinking water supply system by the Gram Panchyet / Municipality was not here.
FLOOD RELIEF SERVICE :
- During the year 2015-16, Flood Relief was conducted in two districts – Hooghly (Jangipara, Pursura, Khanakul – I & II Block) and Howrah (Udaynarayanpur, Bagnan – I, Amta – I & II). Chira, Chini, Tarpolin, Halogen and Khichuri were distributed among 89,829 people(Adult – 63,416, Minor – 26,413, Family – 17,860) of total 142 villages. Rs.28,51,022.00 was spent for this purpose.
- Swachha Bharat Abhijan : Programme was conducted in (1) September 2015 (2) March 2016 with the help of neighboring people.
- Matri Sammelon : Matri Sommelon under Hooghly Zila Ramakrishna Vivekananda Bhava Prachar Parishad belonging to Khannan zone, Chandannagar zone and Srerampur zone was organized at Antpur Math on 28 March 2016. 84 mothers attend the conference.
- Yuva Sammelon : Swami Tattwasaranandaji and Swami Divyagunanandaji, Prof. Dr. Sriharan Chattapadhyay graced the conference on 26 July 2015. 89 youths participated in the conference.
- Bhakta Sammelon : Swami Viswanathananda Maharaj, Swami Jyotirmoyananda Maharaj, Swami Titikshananda Maharaj graced the devotees conference on 6th September 2015 when 228 devotees attended.
- Diksha Ceremony : During the year, Diksha ceremonies were held during July 2015 and January 2016. Revered Swami Gautamanandaji Maharaj and Revered Swami Vagishanandaji Maharaj graced the devotees respectively.
- Preaching : Swami Vashishthananda and Swami Kritatmananda participated in the 55 religious meetings in different places and in different occasions throughout the year among the collective audience of 12,179 in number.