RAMAKRISHNA MATH, ANTPUR
VILL. & P.O. ANTPUR, DIST. HOOGHLY, PIN. 712424.
SHORT REPORT OF ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2016 – 2017
Ramakrishna Math, Antpur is situated in the village Antpur under the district of Hooghly in West Bengal. This is the holy birth place of Swami Premananda Maharaj, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna deva and was been sanctified by the holy presence of Sri Ramakrishnadeva, Holy Mother Sarada Devi and Swamiji along with other brother disciples.
In commemoration of 24th December 1886 when Swami Vivekananda and other eight direct disciples of Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna Deb took vow for “Atmano Mokhartham and Jagdhitya cha” with Remiciation and Service, we observed this event in 2015-16 with three day long festival. Thousands of people participated in this celebration. Noon Prasad was distributed to 20,000 devotees during the festival.
|During the year 2016 – 2017, RKM Antpur center conducted|
|(I) Daily Puja|
|(II) Regular Religious Classes|
|(III) Observation of Birth Celebrations of Sri Ramakrishna Deva, Holy Mother, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Premananda|
|(IV) Tithipuja of other Direct Disciples of Sri Ramakrishnadeva|
|(V) Celebration of Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja|
|(VI) Arrangement for initiation for local devotees|
|(VII) Devotee’s get together|
|(VIII) Annual celebration in memory of TYAGAVRATA|
|(IX) Observation of Youth Day and other programmes in connection with Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda|
The branch also undertook the following welfare activities :
- Allopathy Dispensary: During the year 4,195 number of patients among them new- 2,659 and old- 1,536 were treated. (Male- 1,367, Female- 2,380 and Child- 448).
- Homeopathy Dispensary: During the year 6,122 number of patients among them new- 2,237 and old- 3,885 were treated. (Male- 1,572, Female- 4,006 and Child- 544).
- Mobile Dispensary: 5,321 patients were treated by the Mobile Dispensary and they were served with Allopathy Medicines at free of cost.
- Cataract Surgery: With the help of Bonakrishnapur Eye Hospital, Jangalpara, Hooghly 38 patients were o perated during 2016-17.
- Distribution of Spectacles: During the year 48 of spectacles were freely distributed at free of cost.
- Blood Donation Camp: A blood donation camp was organized by Ramakrishna Mission, Sevapratishthan, Kolkata during the year and 22 donors donated their blood.
- Weekly Dental Camp: 1,590 patients were treated during the year 2016-17.
- Orthopedic Department: 291 patients were treated during the year 2016-17.
- Eye Department: 1,503 patients were treated during the year 2016-17.
- Medical Relief: During the year Bourn Vita, Blanket, Biscuits, Soap and medicine were distributed among 400 poor families.
- Mother and Child Care Service: Under this service 364 patients were treated during the year 2016-17 and a special camp was organized on 7th September, 2016 and 81 packets containing Johnson Baby Kits and food packets were distributed among 80 mothers.
- Coaching Centre: The special coaching programme in order to upgrade the merit of the local boys and girls through our coaching centre was conducted regularly. During the year under review the following students participated.
i. Sishunikatan – 106 boys,(Class I-IV)
ii. Nivedita Sangha – 105 girls, (Class I-V)
iii. Higher Section – 119 boys (Class V-X)
iv. GAP (2 Units) – 100 students (Class I -V)
- Book Bank: A Book Bank was also maintained to provide books to the needy students from Class V to Degree courses. During the year 1,134 students were benefitted. A sum of Rs.45,848.00 only was added for new books.
- Scholarship or Aids: During the year a sum of Rs.2,000.00 was spent in terms of scholarship or aids to 1 poor students for continuing his studies.
- Library: A Library with 612 books of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Vedanta literature was maintained.
This center undertook the following schemes to alleviate the poverty of the local people.
- Cloth & Blanket Distribution: During the year 2016-17, 550 pcs. clothes and 1,310 pcs. Blankets were distributed among the poor people.
- Pecuniary Help: During the year monetary help was given to 14 poor people and Rs.8,200.00 was spent for this purpose.
- Self Employment Scheme: Under Self Employment Scheme following instruments worth of Rs.5,00,000.00(Head Quarter’s contribution) and Rs.2,08,781.00(Center’s contribution) were distributed among the poor and working people.
(i) Sewing Machines – 46 pcs.
(ii) Van Rickshows – 11 pcs.
(iii) Dhadda – 175 pcs.
- Drinking Water Supply Service: Ramakrishna Math, Antpur has been rendering this live saving service by way of providing drinking water daily from the Math reservoir to the village people. More than 6,000 liters drinking water per day was provided for 365 days during the year 2016-17. Drinking water supply system by the Gram Panchyet / Municipality was not here.
FLOOD RELIEF SERVICE :
During the year 2016-17, Flood Relief was conducted in two districts – Hooghly (Jangipara, Pursura, Khanakul – I & II Block) and Howrah (Udaynarayanpur, Bagnan – I, Amta – I & II). Chira, Chini, Tarpolin, Halogen and Khichuri were distributed among 41,876 people(Adult – 32,207, Minor – 9,669). Rs.10,24,684.00 was spent for this purpose.
- Yuva Sammelon: Swami Tattwasaranandaji and Swami Divyagunanandaji, Swami Pratibodhanandaji Maharaj, Prof. Dr. Sriharan Chattapadhyay graced the conference on 31 July 2016. 125 youths participated in the conference.
- Bhakta Sammelon: Swami Ritanandaji Maharaj, Swami Arunatmanandaji Maharaj, Swami Vedatitanandaji Maharaj graced the devotees conference on 7th August 2016 when 211 devotees attended.
- Diksha Ceremony : During the year, Diksha ceremonies were held during July 2016 and November 2016. Revered Swami Prabhanandaji Maharaj and Revered Swami Shivamayanandaji Maharaj graced the devotees respectively.
- Preaching: Swami Vashishthananda and Swami Kritatmananda participated in the 75 religious meetings in different places and in different occasions throughout the year among the collective audience of 12,179 in number.
- 150th Birth Anniversary of Sister Nivedita: A seminar was organized on Sister Nivedita on 26 March 2017 in which many eminent speakers spoke on Sister Nivedita. 180 persons attended the seminar.