Admirers and devotees, who are in sympathy with the activities of the Math are cordially invited to help us by contributing.
Dear Devotee and Friends,
Ramakrishna Math, Antpur is an affiliated branch centre of Belur Math, which was founded by Swami Vivekananda, the chief disciple of Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna Deva. This Math is situated in Hooghly District, West Bengal in the clusters of rusting villages infested with nature’s charming and fascinating beauty. Antpur village was divinely blessed and sanctified by the hallowed foot prints of Bhagawan Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and his gurubhais. Swami Vivekananda along with his eight gurubhais stayed here and took the vow of renouncing the world and starting the Ramakrishna Order on 24 December 1886 in this holy precinct of the birth place of Swami Premananda Maharaj who is the direct disciple of Ramakrishna. This is the holy and pious land where the Ramakrishna Math, Antpur stands with its divine splendour and radiance. After taking over by Ramakrishna Math, Belur Math in 1965 from Sri Ramakrishna Premananda Trust, this Math has been relentlessly engaged in continuing the welfare services in this locality where the maximum people belong to below poverty level.
With a view to keeping the all-round development of the people this Math caters the welfare services in the following ways:
1. Educational Activities – One free tutorial centre of 363 students comprising from K.G. to class X for boys and girls up to class V is maintained. All the students are provided with nutritious Tiffin daily(like cake, bananas, sweets, egg, puffed rice, gram, milk etc.). Books stationeries, uniforms sets are also supplied at free of cost. This Math also distributes Text Books to other school and college students every year.
2. Medical Service – Throughout the week, Allopathy and Homeopathy Doctors, Specialists visit our Medical Unit and serve the patients at free of cost. Mothers’ Health Care, Eye camp, Health Camp for General patients are organized every month. The specialists in General Medicine, Surgery Paediatrics, Orthopaedic and Female Health Guide visit fortnightly Dental and Eye Specialists visit weekly.
Apart from this, the several doctors in Homeopathy cater the free service to the patients with medicines. Mobile Medial unit is an important Medical Service of this Math which provides weekly once to the interior villages and distribute Medicines at free of cost.
3. Welfare Services – Self Earning scheme – Under this scheme this Math provides Handloom accessories, Sewing Machines every year. Almost 150 people are benefitted by this scheme.
4. Pecuniary Help –
(i) To facilitate the continuation of study, many poor students are encouraged with financial help for their admission in school and colleges.
(ii) For medical treatment many poor patients are also assisted by financial help. Apart from this throughout the year spectacles are provided at free of cost.
(iii) Many poor people take all sorts of help to perform the funeral rites.
5. Distress and Winter Relief : This is a regular feature to serve the poor people in all surrounding and distant villages by distributing Sari, Dhoti and blankets.
6. Drinking water supply : Round the clock local people collect drinking water from our Reservoir.
7. Spiritual service : The aspirants come and stay in the Math for their spiritual growth. The Diksha (Initiation) ceremony is organized for the spiritual growth.
8. Durga Puja : Holy Mother Sarada Devi started Durga Puja here in 1894 and that has been continuing till now with due solemnity.
9. Annual celebration : In commemoration of lighting the sacrificial fire with faggots by Swami Vivekananda on 24 December 1886, the three day celebration is organized with joyous and festive programs here. Apart from this more than 22,000 people partake noon Prasad on last day.
The above services are conducted with the generous donation of the devotees, well-wishers, friends and admirers.
We earnestly appeal to you to contribute to this Math in order to maintain the continuation of the free services. This will be possible if a Permanent Fund of Rs.1 crore is instituted. All donations are exempted from Income Tax under section 80(G) Indian Income Tax Act 1961.
The donation can be remitted to “The Adhyaksha, Ramakrishna Math, Antpur”
Yours in the Service of Humanity,
Adhyaksha (M) +91 94774 87755
Ramakrishna Math, Antpur, Hooghly, West Bengal 712424, India
6th July 2016
Being the important place of pilgrimage, many devotees pay a visit to Ramakrishna Math, Antpur and desire to spend the night for meditation and sadhana.
Belur Math authority has kindly given the permission for constructing a guest house. It is 2 (two) storey guest house consisting of 16 rooms. Rs.1.5 crore is required for guest house.
The devotees and admirers may kindly contribute DONATION generously so that the construction can be started.
The name of any donor giving 10 (Ten) lakhs or more at a time will be fixed in a plaque.
Donation to Ramakrishna Math, Antpur is exempted from Income Tax U/S 80(G)(5)(vi) of the I.T. Act 1961.
Please find our bank details below.